PRINCIPLES OF BAPTIST FAITHAFFILIATIONSCHURCH ORGANIZATIONRECEPTION OF MEMBERS
PRINCIPLES OF BAPTIST FAITH
- the Lordship of Jesus
- the inherent freedom of individuals to approach God for themselves,
- the granting of salvation through faith by way of grace and contact with
the Holy Spirit,
- two ordinances--the Lord's Supper and baptism of believers by immersion,
- the independence of the local church,
- the church as a group of regenerated believers baptized upon confession of
- infant baptism as unscriptural and not to be practiced,
- complete separation of church and state,
- the immortality of the soul,
- the unity of humankind,
- the royal law of God,
- the need of redemption from sin, and
- the ultimate triumph of God's kingdom.
Back to Top
National Baptist Convention,
Baptist Missionary and Educational
(B.M. & E.) State Convention
Prospect District Association
American Baptist Churches of Michigan Back to TopCHURCH ORGANIZATION
-- Everything at our church is geared around our mission to encourage
non-Christians to become Christians and Christians to become more like Christ.
-- The ministers of our church lead by example. They set the vision and
spiritual tone of the church.
-- Our Church offers a variety of opportunities for its members to get involved
in service and church life from lay leaders to volunteers.
Back to TopRECEPTION OF MEMBERS
Any person professing faith in the
Lord Jesus and giving evidence of having accepted Him as his or her personal
Savior may be accepted as a member, provided:
- they accept baptism by
- they are willing to be governed
by the constitution, covenant and bylaws of this church.
Members from another church of the
same Christian faith may be received upon their Christian experience or current
letter of recommendation.
It is to be understood that
immersion is the only form of baptism to be practiced in this church. It is
recommended to all who desire to become a member and is required of those who
have no other Christian affiliation.
Back to Top